Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Habits... Part 3

Toby grew up to be a beautiful young dog, with shiny white hair and a great looking face. I must admit he is quite a looker! The bitches in the neighbourhood all have an eye for him. It’s another story that he never pays any attention to them. I am telling you, he has this air around him since day one, that he is a royal. He has tastes of a prince, be it where he wants to eat, what he wants to eat, where he wants to sleep, who he wants to be with!

The 2nd and the 3rd years of his life were the defining phase for Tobbler. He developed the craziest of habits and became absolutely comfortable in our surroundings. He knows his hierarchy in the family. He is the youngest of course. And he obviously knows how to use this to his advantage. So the days were set for my dog. He knew exactly who to be with at what time of the day. He slept with my sister and I in our room. The moment mum dad woke up in the other room, he would start jumping around like he is about to miss a train. I guess he needed to pee real bad. And it would take us a while to get up. First he would just give his small cries and look at the two of us. Next, if none of us get up, he would get up on the side of the bed and look at us, panting excitedly. The last and believe me that got both of us up in a second, was when he would climb on top of either one of us right on our stomach. My dog has never been the thin, famished types, and that kind of weight on top of you would definitely get you to get up in a flash!

And mind you, his royal highness, cannot sleep without an Air conditioner. Its summer time folks, and he deserves one doesn't he! He starts panting when you switch off the Ac.. He'l look at you as if he'l pass out if you don't switch it back on. And i wonder how street dogs survive in this heat! Anyways.. We take our yearly summer breaks.. And guess what, our house caretaker calls us every time.. Saying "Madam, Tobbler cannot sleep at night. Can we switch on the AC for him.?" Of course our answer is in the affirmative.

I think most dogs don't like taking a bath but Tobbler absolutely despises it. Its an agenda to get him to take a bath.. And he's the funniest when I do end up giving him one. For starters, he'l frown, and it is some frown.. You can actually see a swollen face underneath all the whiskers! And then after a few rounds of water on his body, he starts to get mad and starts growling. Yes, my dog has a very bad temper. You cannot do anything he doesn't like. ;) The latest, however is the funniest. He starts biting the water off! I mean you're putting water on him and he tries to bite the water! It is a sight.. I think next time i should make a video of it! Quite hilarious.

In the evenings, my dog is strictly at my Dad's beck and call.. or is it the other way around! ;) He needs to walked outside, and my sweet daddy takes him outside. So tobbler becomes my dad's tail. Wherever Pa goes, my dog has to follow. Even if Pa is taking a stroll in the lobby, my toby walks behind him, until finally the main doors are opened and he gets out.



Ok i think i've written enough for the day, So until next time.. Happy reading! :)

3 comments:

  1. Friends,Indians and Countrymen

    "He (Toby) has tastes of a prince, be it where he wants to eat, what he wants to eat, where he wants to sleep, who he wants to be with! "

    .....and he likes whom HE chooses and dislikes whom HE chooses & I am on his 'DISLIKE' list !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I know chacha.. unfortunately... ;)hehehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Toby will be Toby ... and life will go on...

    Papa

    ReplyDelete